Friday, November 25, 2011

on living in a carefree life

I went to my mum's family day in Pantai Cahaya Bulan.
and my neighbor got to go back early as she got to attend her daughters money-giving ceremony.
I was indeed surprise that the government had spent so much to ease the people's burden. especially the new school session is opening soon.
Wow, what a huge amount of money they need. O.o

On the other day,
I met my 'mama'. The woman who help my mum to raise me up.
I was so intimate with her as she live with us since the day I was born until I was 9.
She is a cancer-fighter. A brave one I should say.
Living dependently on her sister.

Recently, I met her and she is now suffering from a different disease.
Something to do with her back-bone. I'm not so sure what is it.
But, for sure it's so painful. Back-bone my dear. *sigh

My sister talked with her about the disease and what medicines she is on.
then she replied "Make ubat bila sakit je. Tu pun kalau ada duit. Kalu tak dok duit, ork(tahan) je la"
(I only eat the med when the pain comes. But, if I'm broke, I'll just have to be with the pain"

oh my, times to ponder.
Can you see that world is really unfair.
People who are already rich usually got so many privileges.
They can be admitted to a sophisticated hospital and yet the bills will be covered by the insurance or the employer.
And they have millions in their bank account.

In contrast,
The poor, not having enough money just to buy food,
nonetheless to have a monthly medical check-up.
When they are diagnosed with the disease, it's already at the critical stage.
They went to the general hospital and still cannot afford to pay the bills which for sure very high.

The rich continue to be richer and richer,
Whilst, the poor continue to poorer and poorer.
*sigh

My sister, k.lalah is doing her houseman in HUSM told me that many of her patients could not afford to pay the hospital bills.
Which make them did not want to come to the hospital again to do the aftermath check up.

It's so sad to know this reality.
We are so proud telling the world that we are the developing country, we have the 3rd(maybe) tallest building in the world, we have this, we have that,
BUT, we still have a poor health care services. *sigh lagi

My sister told me that in Australia, every people have a 'medcard' which will give them the privilege of free health care services in any general hospital.
That's why their people always come to hospital to do a regular check up, especially the elderly.
The disease also can be detected at an earlier stage.

Malaysia SHOULD have this.
I think the government should pay more attention in health care as much as in education.
What if use the money that were used for many unnecessary thing for the people.
Let all the people have the same chance in health care.
Please.
Please.
Please.

p/s: no racist or political influence here.

No comments: