Monday, March 12, 2012

Because we are beautiful and Allah loves us

of tabarruj. 
Tabarruj is a term in Islam for those who dress up lavishly. (Christmas-tree-like) (correct me if I'm wrong)
In Islam, women are not encouraged to wear too-heavy-make-up, too bright, too tight, 
too *insert anything bad here*. 
Remember,be moderate in everything  :)Wassatiyyah. 
Islam promotes womens to wear something pretty but not to gain attention when we crossed the road. 
Lately, I've seen so many people who embrace this as their way of life.
I've a few friends who look stunningly beautiful, yet covering their aurah perfectly.
I'll envy these people forever. They look effortlessly beautiful.
Doesn't need big belts around their waist, hijab with tajima-style, baking flour on their face. 

Recenty, I've a very good conversation with my friends about this solehah woman thingy.
And I got something that I think all woman should know.
I asked my friends, how can we know what we are wearing is ok-enough in Islam?
my friends says "Wear something that you can pray with"

ouchh, sangkak.
It reminds me of how us woman, panicking looking for the telekung to pray.
Because of what? because we cannot pray directly with our dress.
How beautiful Islam is. Some people said, praying are be very difficult as we need telekung and all.
The woman actually doesn't need telekung if she already covering all her aurah.

This is the story from my experience.
A few months ago, I start wearing Jubah to class on Friday.
because usually, I'll need to travel by public transport on Friday (to kak beya's or abang's or airport)
As Friday is the working day, so we need to be early not to bump into the working people. 
So, I take my wudu' and start my journey before Asar.
When I arrived in KL Sentral, I can straight away pray and doesn't waste much time taking off my hijab and folding the telekung. 
Besides this, I also finds that when we cover our aurah fully, we'll be safer.
Pervert's attention will be on those who opens their aurah, and not on us :)

So beautiful woman, 
let's together observe our aurah:)
"This words is temporary convenience, and the best comfort in this world is the righteous woman" -Sahih Muslim








No comments: