Sunday, December 25, 2011

One more step towards lady-ish

Since the day my friend introduce me to this cute blog,
I've set a mission to start at least one art work during this holiday.
I want to start beading, 
but, as big-fat-procrastinater, I keep on delaying, delaying and delaying.
:p

this lady also had inspired me to do this artsy martsy things.
hehe.
I'm a big dreamer, remember?

I actually had once do the beading on my baju kurung when I was in form 2.
I also do the beads on my mum's tudung.
Those were the days when I was so rajin and lady-like :)
It was ages ago, I've lost the skill already. 
*talking like I'm very skillful*vain

So, tonight.
I'm called to start to do beading whilst watching my mum do the beads on her baju kurung.
She actually had started weeks ago, 
but only tonight I want to give it a try.
Luckily I have a new plain baju kurung that need to be touched up.
It's so dull.

The needle!

At first, I just want the beading,
but I sew a sequin on my baju kurung instead.
hehe.
It's actually the leftover kain from my sis's wedding dress.


I only sew them onto my baju, not sulam that thing pun.
It's like cut & paste.
Cut the sequin from the fabric
and
paste it(in this contact; sew it; sembat) on the plain baju kurung.

This kind of fashion; the cut and paste; seems kinda in thing nowadays.
but of course they use the lace that is meant for this.
not cutting it from any leftover fabric.
hehe.

The real lace that was sold in Jakel can cost you about RM100 per meter.
=.=' I can't afford that of course. 
It's also looks better with a softer fabric like heavy chiffon.
ohh, the fabrics drops perfectly.
One day, I'll make sure I'll have some.
Hello investors! :D


p/s: I don't purposely wear scarf just gedik2 to take this picture.haha. I've always wear them even when I'm at home. Abe Ih (BIL) is around. We live under one roof after all :)


2 comments:

chomot yang chomel said...

wowwwwwwwwwww

balqis said...

chomot yang chomel. I nk jd hot stuff mcm u. hehe